Northern Boundary Technical Committee
The Joint Northern Boundary Technical Committee reports to the Northern Panel.
The Committee is responsible for:
- Evaluating the effectiveness of management actions;
- Identifying and reviewing the status of pink, chum, sockeye and coho stocks of concern to the Northern Panel;
- Presenting the most current information on harvest rates and patterns on these stocks, and developing a joint data base for assessments;
- Collating available information on the productivity of stocks in order to identify escapements which produce maximum sustainable harvests and allowable harvest rates;
- Presenting historical catch data associated fishing regimes, and information on stock composition in fisheries harvesting these stocks;
- Devising analytical methods for the development of alternative regulatory and production strategies;
- Identify information and research needs, including future monitoring programs for stock assessments; and
- Providing the Northern Panel with stock and fishery assessments and recommending conservation measures consistent with the principles of the Treaty each season.