The Pacific Salmon Commission issues news releases and announcements on a periodic basis relevant to our mandate. Included are new technical reports, meeting summaries, and other PSC notices and publications; Calls for Proposals; and, job vacancies.
- The Larry Rutter Memorial Award 2018 February 21, 2018 The Pacific Salmon Commission is pleased to announce Dr. Brian Riddell as the recipient of the 2018 Larry Rutter Memorial Award for Pacific Salmon Conservation. Dr. Riddell’s career has spanned four decades, and reflects his dedication to science, policy, and public engagement on behalf of Pacific salmon. He developed many of Canada’s foundational salmon assessments and, ... Read more
- Northern and Southern Funds issue their 2018 Calls for Proposals June 30, 2017 The Pacific Salmon Commission’s Northern and Southern Fund Committees announce their Calls for Proposals for projects starting in 2018 consistent with the goals and principals of the two Funds. Preliminary, stage-one applications with ideas and concepts submitted by private, non-profit, and public sector applicants will be accepted. The deadline for submissions is midnight on Sunday, September ... Read more
- New PSC Technical Report April 12, 2017 The following report is now available for download: Skip McKinnell. Atmospheric and Oceanic Extrema in 2015 and 2016 and their Effect on North American Salmon. PSCTR No. 37. Read more
- New Joint Transboundary Technical Committee Report April 12, 2017 The following report is now available for download: Pacific Salmon Commission Joint Transboundary Technical Committee. Salmon Management and Enhancement Plans for the Stikine, Taku and Alsek Rivers, 2017. TCTR(17)-3. Read more
- New Joint Transboundary Technical Committee Reports January 6, 2017 The following reports are now available: Pacific Salmon Commission Joint Transboundary Technical Committee. Final Estimates of Transboundary River Salmon Production, Harvest and Escapement and a Review of Joint Enhancement Activities in 2014. TCTR(17)-1. Pacific Salmon Commission Joint Transboundary Technical Committee. Final Estimates of Transboundary River Salmon Production, Harvest and Escapement and a Review of Joint Enhancement Activities ... Read more
- New Chinook Technical Committee Report July 19, 2016 The Chinook Technical Committee released their Annual Report of Catch and Escapement for 2015. Read more
- New Chum Technical Committee Report May 19, 2016 The Chum Technical Committee released the 2013 Post Season Summary Report. Click the link below to download the report. Read more