The Pacific Salmon Commission issues news releases and announcements on a periodic basis relevant to our mandate. Included are new technical reports, meeting summaries, and other PSC notices and publications; Calls for Proposals; and, job vacancies.
- 2017 Opportunity to participate in the purchase Area 12 and Area 13 purse seine and gillnet test fisheries catches June 1, 2017 Please submit an application form linked below to participate. Area 12 Round Island Gillnet: http://www.pacfish.ca/dfo_elog/JSTCompanybid-Area12Gillnet.pdf Area 12 Blinkhorn Seine http://www.pacfish.ca/dfo_elog/JSTCompanybid-Area12Seine.pdf Area 13 Seine http://www.pacfish.ca/dfo_elog/JSTCompanybid-Area13Seine.pdf Read more
- New PSC Technical Report April 12, 2017 The following report is now available for download: Skip McKinnell. Atmospheric and Oceanic Extrema in 2015 and 2016 and their Effect on North American Salmon. PSCTR No. 37. Read more
- New Joint Transboundary Technical Committee Report April 12, 2017 The following report is now available for download: Pacific Salmon Commission Joint Transboundary Technical Committee. Salmon Management and Enhancement Plans for the Stikine, Taku and Alsek Rivers, 2017. TCTR(17)-3. Read more
- The Larry Rutter Memorial Award 2017 February 23, 2017 The Pacific Salmon Commission is pleased to announce Dr. Don Hall as the recipient of the 2017 Larry Rutter Memorial Award for Pacific Salmon Conservation. Dr. Hall has been a leading figure in Pacific salmon conservation, management, and research for decades. His work to strengthen First Nation representation in fisheries management forums, including the PSC, is ... Read more
- New Joint Transboundary Technical Committee Reports January 6, 2017 The following reports are now available: Pacific Salmon Commission Joint Transboundary Technical Committee. Final Estimates of Transboundary River Salmon Production, Harvest and Escapement and a Review of Joint Enhancement Activities in 2014. TCTR(17)-1. Pacific Salmon Commission Joint Transboundary Technical Committee. Final Estimates of Transboundary River Salmon Production, Harvest and Escapement and a Review of Joint Enhancement Activities ... Read more
- New Chinook Technical Committee Report July 19, 2016 The Chinook Technical Committee released their Annual Report of Catch and Escapement for 2015. Read more
- New Chum Technical Committee Report May 19, 2016 The Chum Technical Committee released the 2013 Post Season Summary Report. Click the link below to download the report. Read more